Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but it is HOT here! And I mean scorching!

The last thing I want to do right now is toil over a hot stove. The less time I spend in the kitchen right now the better.

I was trying to think of something quick and easy, with as little time spent in the kitchen as possible. I keep seeing Strawberry Shortcake popping up everywhere, so I thought I'd share my favorite recipe.

This does require an oven, but it's fast! I promise!

Strawberry Shortcake

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup milk

Strawberries
Sugar
Whipping Cream

Slice your strawberries and then place them in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Stick them in the fridge while you prepare your cake.

Preheat oven to 450.

Grease 9x12 baking dish.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into pieces and mix into flour mixture.

Pour milk in slowly and mix until lumpy.

Place in dish and bake approximately 15 minutes.

While cake is baking, make your whipped cream.

Pour 1 cup whipping cream into mixer and beat on high.

While beating, add 1 tbsp confectioners sugar and vanilla if desired.

Whip until good peaks form.

Enjoy!

No comments: