Thursday, August 4, 2011

Defriended

Okay, Imma be really frank here…why do people add you as a friend on Facebook, then out of the blue just delete you?

I don't get it!

And yes, as I'm sure your inquiring mind is dying to know, I was defriended today. Okay, well maybe not today. I happened to notice it today!

And before you jump to conclusions and think I actively monitor my Friend List and the number therein…I don't.

I was perusing Facebook today and noticed the absence of someone I regularly see posts from. I tried to go to their page, and it was then that I realized I'd been snubbed.

Yes, I took it personally. I really wish it didn't bother me, but it does.

I'm not talking about being defriended by someone you don't really know. Or getting offed by someone who just added you. Although that's weird too! And I'm not talking about someone who's obviously been clearing out their Friend List.

And I'm certainly not talking about a legitimate defriending. Sometimes it is necessary, but I think that's rare.

I'm talking about someone who you personally know. Someone you have mutual friends with, and the mutual friends are still in their Friend List.

Someone with whom you were actively engaged with, commenting with, liking updates, and everything seemed fine.

I really don't get it! What is the point?

I guess it boils down to this. No matter where we are in life, rejection still hurts.

Their loss.

No comments: