Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Seeing as it is Summertime, and it's hotter than heck out there…I thought I would share one of my favorite fruity drink recipes.

Luscious Slush Punch

2 1/2 cups white sugar
6 cups water
2 (3 oz) boxes strawberry flavored gelatin mix
46 oz pineapple juice
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 quart orange juice
4 litres lemon lime flavored carbonated soda

In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and gelatin.

Boil for 3 minutes.

Stir in the remaining juices.

Divide mixture and freeze.

When ready to serve, place in bowl and add soda.

I have seen varying opinions on the amount of sugar, and I can't remember how much I used. I believe it was less.
As far as the soda, I always use Sprite.
Also, I have found it easiest to ladle this into quart or gallon sized freezer bags, then freeze. This way, if you are making it just to have around the house, you can pull out just what you need.

Enjoy!

No comments: