Friday, August 5, 2011

Consumer Reviews

For quite some time, I have been desiring to start posting personal reviews. Be it stores, products, or whatever fits my fancy.

I always do research before making large purchases. Actually, I research small ones as well. Oh heck, I research everything!

Anyway, I love getting other people's opinions on things. Consumer Reports is also extremely helpful, but there really is nothing like a personal review from someone who spent the hard earned money and has it sitting in their house.

I have come across many blogs with personal reviews of various items, and I can't tell you how helpful they have been. It was really priceless to me. So I figured it's the least I can do.

As I side note, I am not being compensated in any way by any company I review. These are purely my own opinions.

With all that said, here is my first review. It started out as a product review but has kind of turned into a company review also.

Starbucks Coffee and Via Ready Brew: Iced Coffee

I don't think it's any secret that I am a very loyal fan of Starbuck's. I know they have gotten a lot of heat, but I can't say enough good things about this company.

Is their coffee expensive? Yes, kind of.

Is the quality decent? Very.

Is it always made correctly? Always.

Are the employees super friendly? YES!

Here's the clincher for me. I know when I walk into Starbuck's that I'm going to get an uber friendly greeting. I also know that my grande iced caramel macchiato is going to be made correctly, it's going to taste like the thousand and one grande iced caramel macchiato's I've ordered prior, and it's going to be delicious.

Consistency is key.

I also know if I walk into Dunkin Donuts it's a coin toss as to whether or not the employee is going to be in a good mood or not, and it's an even bigger coin toss as to whether my iced coffee is going to be drinkable.

Several years ago, after multiple bad iced coffee's from DD, I walked in and started to order another. On a whim, I asked the employee if they would make me another if the one I got was not right. That's always been their problem, they never taste the same. The employee laughed in my face, and informed me they don't hand out samples. Well, I wasn't asking for a sample thank you very much.
True story.

I walked out and vowed from then on I was a Starbuck's girl.

I've been quite happy ever since.

So am I willing to fork out a little extra moolah? You betcha!

I also love that Starbuck's gives back to their employees.

Okay, now on to the specific product I am loving.

Via Ready Brew Iced Coffee.



This stuff is uh-mazing! They are basically little packets of instant coffee, specifically to make iced coffee with.

They run around $6 or so for 6 packets. Plus, I've been able to find several coupons.

You take a 16.9 oz bottle of water, add your ready brew, and shake!



You can then pour your coffee over ice, or just drink it straight from the bottle.

Here's what I like to do…

First I grab my handy dandy re-usable Starbuck's cup. If you don't have one of these you should buy one. Love it!

I add ice, then pour my sweet coffee nectar over top.

I then add a nice splash of Coffee-mate Caramel Macchiato creamer, and a squirt of caramel syrup. We're talking less than two bucks per iced coffee, and you don't have to go anywhere to get it!



Sweet perfection!




1 comment:

Angela said...

Yum. Sounds good. I will have to see if they have that over here.