Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Winnie The Pooh, & Tigger Too

I was cleaning the house this afternoon, my mind was a whir of a thousand different things.

Gracie wasn't one of them.

I was focused. Focused on vacuuming the Husky hair that had embedded itself in my carpet. Focused on scrubbing my kitchen, emptying the dishwasher, hanging that picture, unpacking the box that had been sitting in my living room for 2 weeks, washing the towels, focused….

Until I sat down to take a small break.

The TV was on, or did I turn it on, I can't remember. A trailer came on for the Winnie The Pooh movie coming out this summer. I love Winnie The Pooh, I always have. Although I will confess that Tigger is my favorite.

And suddenly, there it was.

Overwhelming grief. It hit me and stole my breath. It hit me that I would never be able to stick Gracie in her car seat and go to the theater to watch Winnie The Pooh. I can't pull her on to my lap, and snuggle up to her and breathe in the scent of her hair while we giggle away at the silly old bear.

And it sucks. It sucks for a million different reasons, in a million different ways.

I miss my little girl.

No comments: