Thursday, June 23, 2011

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jog

And we are home again. We went down South this past Sunday to visit my family for Father's Day. It was a nice little vacation away from home.

We headed back this afternoon, and instead of taking just under 4 hours as usual, it took almost 7!!! Gahh! We ran into a major traffic jam in Vero Beach. There had been an accident, then a fire, and traffic had come to a complete standstill. It was a total mess. We ended up detouring off of 95 along with everyone else. We wound our way through back roads until we got to the next exit.

Phoenix was glad to be home and out of the truck just as much as we were! Needless to say, I am tired!

One of the cats gave us a nice greeting when we walked in the house. Boomer came running to the front door to say hi. Maggie, on the other hand couldn't have cared less. She was snoozing under the chair and didn't even bother getting up. Nice.

I am happy to report that the baby bird eggs are just fine. There are four, no more and no less. Momma was sitting in the nest when I got home and checked on them. It won't be too much longer and hopefully we will have babies!

I am also happy to report that the yard is actually looking halfway decent. There are still a couple of spots that will need re-sodding, but not nearly as much as we thought we would have to do.

I am aware that I skipped out on Tasty Tuesday, I took a break! It will resume next week!

No comments: