Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When it Rains it Pours!

Talk about a fun last few days. Good gravy ours have been quite a trip. Last week I wasn't feeling good. I went to bed Saturday night and ended up getting up all through the night. Finally around 8am I woke up and felt better, only to go to get out of bed and WHAM I pulled/tore something in my back. I must have made a lot of noise because Richard woke up to me freaking out as I could NOT move! Ohh what fun.
Needless to say we did not make it to church and Richard spent the rest of the day being my errand boy. Thank heavens for my husband!
By Monday it had dissipated some. We had to go grocery shopping so we headed out. We ended up stopping by John and Gloria's, and to make a long story short we were there for around 3 hours talking and laughing with them. We ended up going to Outback for dinner with them. I had a salad, it was pretty good. I ate about half and took the rest home.
Tuesday my back was feeling alright. I had been puttering around the house, worked for a little while, then decided to eat the rest of my salad for lunch. It was supposed to have blue cheese crumbles, which were more like blue cheese blobs. I nibbled on some of them as I hadn't eaten any the night before. It tasted way too strong and I ended up pushing them aside. Good thing I did. A short while later I noticed my eyes had been itching like crazy, then realized my throat was swelling up. Oh fun. I ran for the Benadryl, called Richard and let him know what was going on, and texted my Mom who told me to take two instead of one. Thankfully about 30 minutes later the swelling had gone down. I hate reacting to things like this, it scares the poo out of me especially when I'm by myself! I've never had allergies before and now I'm adding blue cheese to the growing list of things I need to avoid like the plague! Who knew you could be allergic to blue cheese???
So needless to say the Benadryl conked me out and I slept the rest of the afternoon! No complaints from me! =)
Today has not been a whole lot of fun. My back has been killing me and nothing alleviates the pain. Thank heavens for heating pads as that has been my good friend! It stinks when no matter how you sit or stand it makes no difference.
So now I am reminding myself that ALL things work together...even though I don't see the big picture. I mean, it can't last forever..right??!!
So, happy hump day. I hope all my readers are enjoying a wonderful week, wherever you may be.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You scared the poo out of me too!! Texting me and then not answering the phone when I call back! Thought you had gone into anyphlactic shock! I was getting ready to call 911 from down here! Did you eat any of the nuts in the salad the night at the restaurant? Still trying to figure out of it was the blue cheese you were allergic to or if it was something else. I can't figure out why you are popping up with so many allergies now!

Emily said...

I know, I scared Richard too. He was about to call 911. Yes, I ate some of the nuts the night before...which is why I think it has to be the blue cheese. I can't think of what else it could have been?

Neugier said...

Goodness Emily! I am sorry you are having such a rough time right now. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Just wanted to say, "hello!"

Amy