Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Weekend

Okay, so I'm supposed to be cleaning my house. Obviously it's not getting done right now as I'd rather play around on the internet than get things accomplished...like dusting and laundry and sweeping and mopping! UGH! The weekend has been nice. I finished work early on Friday and was done just as Richard walked in the door. Talk about nice timing. We hung out for a while.
This morning we headed out to do some errands. Took care of a couple of things then headed to Cracker Barrel for lunch. For some reason Richard's food is always horrible there. This time it was alright so he said. After the waitress handed us a game piece and he found out we could win money and a RV he informed me we would be going all the time. LOL! We'll see if this comes to pass. After lunch we walked over to Lowe's. A good brisk walk in the sweltering heat was enough to drain me for the day! We headed back home and watched some LHOTP (Little House on the Prairie for all you uninformed). It's amazing that show is so old but it's good! And clean! Which is more than can be said for most things these days. Afterwards he headed off for a nap and I along with Phoenix nestled in to watch America's Test Kitchen, Everyday Food and Everyday Baking. I love PBS.
After Richard headed out to work I waited for the sun to go down a bit and headed out and planted some sunflower seeds. It's kind of late but hopefully they will do okay! I'm excited to see if anything comes up. I've got a bad reputation when it comes to plants and flowers. Christy next door has this awesome garden going with radishes, pumpkins, zucchini, tomatoes, all kinds of things. I'm a tad jealous but Phoenix and a garden do not mix. I'd be setting myself up for disaster. So I planted sunflowers in the front yard. Keep your fingers crossed.
Anyways, I'm supposed to be cleaning. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ohhh, a new blog title and a new background! I really like the background. I've got to find something I like for mine.
Cracker Barrel handing out game pieces....that seems odd! Must be trying to drum up business!

Emily said...

Yes, I finally found one I liked! Bloggers templates leave a lot to be desired.
That is hilarious. Richard said the exact same thing about Cracker Barrel! I'm not sure who would want an RV with these gas prices!

Angela said...

I love the new background too!! Mmmmm . . . would love some fried okra from Cracker Barrel!!

Melissa said...

Did you lose all your widgets and links when you changed backgrounds?