Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Summer!

Blossoms and blue skies!

Brimming with flowers.


Hiding in the bushes!

Mr. Froggie

Pretty pinks


Happy Summer all. I know, technically yesterday was the first day of Summer. Better late than never I suppose.
Anyhow, I thought I'd give a quick update of the past couple of days.
The sweet kitten was picked up Friday by a Animal Care Officer. She had slept all though the night in our bathroom so I could keep an eye on her. I had managed to get some shredded chicken in her Thursday night. She had chicken broth too. Poor thing was so weak, she wasn't able to get a whole lot down. I guess she had gotten quite attatched to me. I'd been carrying her around and feeding her and loving on her. When the officer came I walked outside with her and she was perfectly content until the officer picked her up! She got quite upset. As soon as the officer saw her she commented on how bad she looked. Well she looked a whole lot better than on Wednesday!! She gave her back to me while she went and got a towel to put in the cage. As soon as I tried to put her in the cage she got very upset. Poor little thing, I felt so bad. She just cried and cried. Hopefully she is being well taken care of.

The rest of the day I cleaned up and did this and that around the house. I was at a loss for a while, no longer having a kitten to watch over! Maggie, on the other hand, was thrilled. When she realized the kitten was gone she loved on me like it was going out of style! Every time I sat down she climbed in my lap and just purred. Silly girl.

Saturday started bright and early. Richard had some errands to run and I went out with him. We stopped by Tropical Smoothie for lunch and got our free smoothies. They had a clown lady doing balloons. It was funny because there were a couple people who walked in without flip flops looking very confused. I guess they weren't expecting it to be so busy!

After that we headed home, and here we are! Richard headed off to take a nap. I think I will join him!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Pretty pics! Wish I knew what that pink flower is on the tree, and, what is that red thing by Phoenix's eye?
I was to lazy to go out yesterday to get a smoothie...even though I really wanted one!

Emily said...

I know, maybe I can find out on the internet.
Haha, Richard commented on the pic of Phoenix too. It is his scarf, just looks funny in the pic.

Emily said...

Well I asked on Yahoo answers and found out that it's a mimosa tree.

Melissa said...

Hmm, a Mimosa tree! Aren't there several of them in your back yard?

Emily said...

Nope, just one.