Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Hard Knock Life

It's been a hard knock life. That's the best way I know how to describe this poor kittens few months on earth. Last night Richard went to church by his lonesome. He called me afterwards and let me know as he was walking out he found a kitten huddled in the corner on the front porch of our church. A girl wanted to take it but couldn't after talking with her Mom. So he brought it home.
Poor little thing, she is all skin and bones. She can't be more than a few months old. I fed her with an eye dropper then tucked her in the cat carrier in the garage.
Today I've been taking care of her. I chopped up some kitty treats which she ate this morning, but she hasn't taken anything since. She was super stinky and covered with fleas so I bathed her and de-flead (is that a word?!) her. She is one content girl.
She's been wrapped up in this towel sleeping the day away. Phoenix and Boomer have been most interested. Maggie is staying aloof.
I had called Animal Care for a pickup and was told they would more than likely be out in a few days. They ended up coming today, I missed them, so we shall have another day with this cutie.
I'll try to take another pic later.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww, poor little thing! She's going to be upset to leave!

Angela said...

Aaah, how nice of you to take care of her! It must be hard to give her up!