Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

This week's recipe is one of my restaurant knockoff favorites. Outback's Alice Springs Chicken. I came across this recipe years ago, and it tastes exactly the same!

I actually didn't make this for years because of a horrid experience. I made it for dinner one evening and sauteed up some mushrooms. Richard took one look at them and refused to touch them. He said they looked bad. I thought they looked fine, and said "alrighty then, more for me!" I ate them, they were delicious, and boy I sure regretted it after. I got extremely sick. I mean bad. To this day I can't make this dish without being reminded of that. I also take Richard's opinion a bit more seriously! Haha.

So now that I've totally grossed everyone out…here's the recipe!

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
5 ounces woozy sauce (Worcestershire sauce)
8 slices bacon
2 tbsp butter
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced (or not!)
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
16 oz honey mustard dressing

1. Place chicken in a glass bowl, poke with a fork several times, and pour woozy sauce over chicken. Let it marinate in the fridge for about an hour.

2. Cook bacon, drain, and set aside.

3. Heat butter in a small skillet. Saute mushrooms, then set aside.

4. Preheat oven to broil.

5. Remove chicken from marinade, and broil for about 5 minutes on each side. When it's almost finished, remove and top each piece of chicken with two slices of bacon, and then cover with cheese. Continue broiling until cheese is melted.

6. Serve with mushrooms and honey mustard dressing.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

This is one of my favourites . . . I'm going to try this recipe.