Monday, July 18, 2011

Rants And Rambles

Well, it's been a while since I complained about something so I thought it was that time again! Hahaha.
I actually don't have much to complain about now that the a/c has been fixed.
Late Saturday evening I noticed it wasn't cooling the house down like it should have been. We checked a couple of things, but came up with nothing so we shut it down for the night. Sunday morning we tried it again, but no change. We also noticed the condenser fan wasn't working. Great. One more thing to add to the ever growing list of things we have to shell out money for.
Richard called Snyder and made an appointment for first thing Monday morning.
It was stifling in the house, and Richard had to work so Phoenix and I tagged along with him. Sitting in the cold truck for a couple of hours beat sweating to death in the house!
Dinner was spent at Panera that evening as I was not even going anywhere near the oven!
Night brought no relief either. It was so humid and muggy and just pulled the moisture right out of you. Yuck.
Early Monday morning brought Josh from Snyder Heating & Air. I will take a moment and give this company some kudos. They were awesome. They called first thing and let us know the tech was leaving the shop and on his way. Josh was very friendly and professional. He even added freon for no charge, and gave us a discount. I was really floored when he took his shoes off to walk through the house! If you ever find yourself in need of an a/c tech, I would highly recommend Snyder.
Not sweating to death in the middle of Summer in a stifling hot and stuffy house will do wonders for your mood!
I think Richard would have paid anything just to get that thing fixed so I would stop whining!
Why does the a/c have to go out when it's a bazillion degrees outside? Why not in mid December? I'll even take September!

As far as companies I am not impressed with, Werner Ladders has been added to my hate list. Lowe's has also dropped to a new level of massive disgust.
If you keep up with me on Facebook, you'll know I am not a fan of Lowe's. If not, I'll save that story for another time!
A couple of months ago, we needed a new ladder. We headed to Lowe's, as we still had money left on our card we'd bought for their Tax Rebate program.
Werner ladders and Lowe's were offering a gift card if you bought a ladder. We had found another brand that was cheaper, but decided to upgrade and pay more money knowing we'd get most of it back via the gift card.
I went home and dutifully filled out all the paperwork and sent the rebate off with plenty of time to spare.
Yesterday, we received a letter in the mail. It was from Werner Ladders, letting us know that unfortunately we didn't qualify for the rebate. According to the letter, our rebate was not postmarked by the expiration date.
Ridiculous. It was sent out in plenty of time. However, I have no way of proving it.
So we spent extra money, and now aren't getting it back as expected.

This isn't the first time this has happened with rebates. It's really aggravating and makes you not want to take the chance.
One place that has always been consistent and keeps their word with rebates is Publix. I guess I will just stick with them and stop bothering with the rest.

No comments: