Monday, July 11, 2011

Musical Monday

Hey All! I decided since I'm always changing my music up on my blog that I'd make it routine. Cuz everyone knows I am crazy weird and love routine!

So insert Musical Monday! And yes, I happen to be a big fan of alliteration!

Each and every Monday, unless I forget which is highly likely, I will feature a new song for your listening pleasure. I'll include the lyrics and any thoughts or special meanings, and have it playing for that week. Provided of course that the song is actually available over at Mix Pod. They are no Project Playlist let me tell you. But since Project Playlist wanted to be stupid and give in to greedy advertisers, I decided to dump them and head elsewhere. So if you know of someplace better than MixPod, give me a holler.

This weeks song is….

Wonderwall by Cat Power. This song was written by the massively talented Noel Gallagher and performed by Oasis. I think she covers it well though, and I rarely think covers are any good. She changes it up a bit and makes it her own. I like it.


Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now

Backbeat the word is on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody feels
The way I do about you now

Today was gonna be the day
But they'll never throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you're not to do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do
About you now

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one who saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall


No comments: