Friday, September 5, 2008

A Little Update on Life

As you can see it's been a while since I've blogged. We've been pretty busy here and there.
My family came up for Labor Day weekend. It was so nice to see them and like always it went by way too fast!
They arrived Saturday afternoon and we hung out at the house until Richard had to go to work. Then the rest of us headed out and ate dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. We had a rather interesting time listening to a fellow diner. Whew! Then we dropped Dad off at home and us girls went shopping!
Sunday was church and that afternoon we headed downtown to explore. We headed to Friendship Fountain, walked along the riverbank, then took the ferry over to the Landing.



Friendship Fountain


Under the Main Street Bridge

Friendship Fountain

Maxwell House Plant and the Jacksonville Municipal Stadium in the distance

On the ferry crossing the St. John's River



I discovered that being pregnant and being on a boat do not mix for me! I've never been bad on boats but it made me feel wobbly! A Coke icee fixed that! =)
After taking the ferry back to Friendship Fountain Richard took us on the scenic route (teehee) and we ended up at Dunkin Donuts. I found out I can have decaf iced coffee, I'm very excited. I had to give up my Starbucks and McDonald's coffee. There were a bunch of chickens running around the parking lot. Richard ended up sharing his food with them. Why did we not get any pictures of that??
Monday was spent shopping again! We all headed to Smokey Bones for lunch and then they were headed back home.
Poor Phoenix was lost when they left. He laid by the front door as if waiting for them to come back! He also kept going into the guest room and looking around. He missed his Ella!

After our nice long weekend it was back to work. Ughhh. In preparation of another storm possibly headed our way, Richard was busy trying to get all the properties done early. He managed and was finished by Thursday.

As for me I'm doing good. I'm officially out of my old jeans and into the maternity clothes. I feel better now and the morning sickness is starting to finally go away. I have my next appointment Monday so I will update then. Next month we should be doing an ultrasound to get my official due date and hopefully see what we're having!! Can't wait!

Hope you all have a splendid weekend!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

The weekend went way too fast! Had a fun time! Wish we could have stayed longer.Of course, Richard might feel differently! heehee Oh, and BTW, I have photos of the chickens. If I can just get around to putting them on! I didn't know the fountain was called Friendship Fountain! Learned something new!

Emily said...

Noooo, he didn't feel differently! I guess I didn't realize you took pics of the chickens. Post those things!