Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Great Escape

I've had my exercise for today thank you. Mr. Phoenix decided it was time to open the gate all on his own. I tell you that dog is too smart for his own good.
I was in a hurry getting ready to start my shift and I sent him packing outside to do his thing. A few minutes later I walked outside and saw the gate hanging open.
So I ran back inside, changed out of my pj's and grabbed my phone, keys and treats and went running out the front door. I'm sure it's amusing seeing a pregnant woman run. I didn't feel very amusing.
Thankfully he was one street down marking the stop sign. I yelled for him and he came running, then faked me out and darted across the street. I tell you it's a good thing there were no cars or that crazy nomad would have gotten hit. And I would have felt HORRID!
He decided to play games and outrun me, which is pretty easy to do. He wasn't coming back for anything, not even chicken treats.
I am so glad that Christy was out with her kids. They were able to distract him long enough for me to grab him. Then he promptly pulled the lay down technique. I forgot his leash so I had to drag his butt back across the street!
So to say the least we're both wore out. I guess it's time for a lock on the gate.

Why do Huskies have to be so stinkin smart?
It's a good thing he makes up for it in cuteness.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

OH, THAT SILLY MR. PHOENIX!
RICHARD IS GOING TO HAVE TO PUT A LOCK ON THAT GATE! GOOD THING THE NEIGHBORS WERE OUT TO HELP CORRAL HIM!

Angela said...

Must have been a funny sight!!

Amanda said...

haha. he is quite the little sneak!