Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Did anyone else watch The Royal Wedding??

I stayed up ALL night like a crazy person! I kept thinking it was going to start at 4am our time, so I was cleaning and such. Then at 4am I realized it didn't really "start" until 6am, but by then there was no turning back. I was ridiculously excited and watched every bit.

Richard kept asking me why everyone was so excited about this wedding. Haha. I don't know?? Because we're all obsessed with British royalty. It was a real life fairy tale! I mean, how many times does this happen? It's every little girls dream come true.

He acted unimpressed with my thoughts, but who stayed up with me and watched? You guessed it.

We enjoyed poking fun at all the crazy hats. Some were lovely, and others were…well….I'm not sure WHAT exactly Princess Beatrice was thinking. I kept waiting for a staunch palace guard to crack a giggle…or at least a funny side glance! That would have been awesome!

I do believe Prince Harry stole the show at first. He did look quite dashing with that fiery red hair and cheeky grin! However, not quite as dashing as David Beckham. Hello!

It was a lovely wedding. Kate was stunning, her dress was beautiful, and they both looked very happy!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Nagy and I watched it! At least it came on at a decent time here. The wedding time itself was 8 pm our time so I enjoyed all the lead up from about 5 pm our time. Some of the hats were absolutely hilarious!

Melissa said...

I cannot believe you stayed up all night!!! :)

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't see it but I remember when I watched Princess Diana and Prince Charles wedding back in the day and it is liking watching a fairy tale come true, I so get that statement. By the way I like this song you have playing.