Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update on our Week

Ahhh, the week is finally over! I always like the thought of not having to go back to work until Monday. Not sure why because the weekend is always spent cleaning or something similar. I've been in a throw it out, re-organize, clean everything mood. I'm ticked that it's sunny while I'm working, then when I want to wash sheets and curtains and hang them up outside it's overcast. Blech weather.
Because of this blech weather Richard is super behind. That's why he's working all day today. Poor thing. I feel bad for him.
Other than that this week's been pretty good. Richard had an estimate to give on Thursday so I headed out with him. Afterwards we ended up at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner! Yum! It was crowded but we only waited about 15 minutes. I loveee their BBQ Ranch Chicken salad. Richard finally found something he likes there, so now he doesn't mind going!
In other news Mr. Phoenix has been quite the angel. Thursday when we left we decided, (okay Richard decided..I was skeptical) to leave Phoenix out of his crate. I informed Richard that he was responsible for any and all messes! For anyone that personally knows Phoenix they will know that this was quite the ordeal. We have previously come home to curtains and blinds torn down, and various items chewed on. I guess he's grown up and outgrown his childish ways. Over two hours later we came home to a perfect house. Mommy was so proud. However, he decided that once were home it was groovy to be bad. He jumped on the bed, chased the cats, and tore through the house like a mad dog. At least we were home!
The cats, however, have been quite another story. For some reason they have taken to lounging on my glass top table and snoozing on my kitchen table. I hate that! I'll come out of the house and see one of them scurrying to get off before Mommy sees. Too bad Mommy knows anyway because of PAW PRINTS on my glass table! Miss Maggie has also found kitchen counters quite fun to prowl about on. Grrr! I've racked my brain to think of some way to get them off there and keep the little boogers off.
Well that's about all that's going on in my little corner of the world. As for me, myself and I, I'm doing well. The progesterone has finally settled into some kind of agreement with my body, and I only have nausea in the morning and sometimes at night. The jeans, however, are starting to get snug. It's time to go shopping!


7 comments:

Neugier said...

Sorry about the weather, but glad you are feeling well!

Thinking about you and sending you hugs!

Did you go shopping yet?

Angela said...

The range of salads you can get in America is what I really miss . . . still wish I could have another one like your mom and I had when we went to some Texan restaurant (can't remember the name) across the the Treasure Coast Mall . . . . yum yum yum yum YUM!!!

Melissa said...

Will be nice if you could leave Phoenix out of his crate everytime you go away. As far as we can tell, Ella always behaves when we are away. Hopefully she will continue to behave once Amanda goes back to school as she will be home alone (with the cats) all day long. Othewise, she may be going into the crate! Now the cats, they're another story. I think we need to send them to Jax to live with Boomer and Maggie! Angie must be talking about Long John's and the yummy Fried Chicken Salad with cornbread croutons!

Angela said...

Long John's . . . that's not what I remember . . . but I guess it is if that is the place we got the Fried Chicken Salad with cornbread croutons!!

Emily said...

LOL, Mom means Longhorn! I had forgotten that she always calls it that. That salad is YUMMY!

Angela said...

Longhorn . . . that's it!

Melissa said...

HA, I LIKE LONG JOHN'S BETTER!