Thursday, August 14, 2008

Idol Comes To Jacksonville

Well, Jacksonville has finally landed on the map! Back in 2005 we hosted the Super Bowl...has it really been that long? Now we are playing host to American Idol! Yes it's true, Ryan Seacrest was even here yesterday.
They've been here all week doing tryouts.
Richard and I drove downtown to the Veteran's Memorial Arena, which is where they are, to see all the people. I think there were more policemen and news vans than contestants! We must have hit the slow time. According to the news more than 12,000 people showed up! Now there are 200.
Next week Simon, Paula and Randy are supposed to show up. We may venture down to try and capture a glimpse! Or maybe we'll just watch it on the news!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I just saw on the news today that Idol is in Jacksonville. That will be fun to watch this winter. You just might see someone you know!

Julie Renee' said...

I didn't know you had a blog! And I definitely didn't know you were pregnant! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for the comment. I know that someday when I'm old I'm going to look back on my blog and shudder. I keep telling myself to shut up but for someone who likes to talk to herself...blogging is the best thing ever and I can't resist:)
Praying for you and baby.

Angela said...

Wow . . . sounds neat!