Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Memorial Day Weekend

Well, we had a lovely weekend. It's hard to believe it's already over and back to the same ol same ol! Saturday was super busy. I got a hair cut and we ran errands and did shopping. Richard worked that evening and I cleaned the house and got everything ready. He didn't arrive home until early early in the morning so we didn't quite make it to church.
Dad, Mom, Amanda and Ella arrived sometime before 1pm. I had lunch almost ready for them! I took Phoenix out to meet his new cousin! I think they got along pretty well. They were interested in rough housing mostly. It was fun to watch them run around the backyard. Phoenix liked to crouch down, then zoom at Ella. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. There are a couple on my camera phone but pigs will fly before I figure out how to put them on here! Amanda took lots of pictures thank goodness!
Sunday was spent just lazing around the house mostly.
We got up Monday morning and had biscuits and gravy, then went out shopping. We had burgers, and the whole nine yards for lunch. Ella and Phoenix enjoyed a hamburger too!
The whole weekend went entirely too fast and before we knew it was time for them to head back home.
It's funny because after they left Phoenix went and laid down in the kitchen and stayed there almost the entire evening. He seemed quite depressed to have his playmate gone. Today he's been playing with the Wubba that Ella left.
Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. I know we certainly did!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We had a good time and wished we could have stayed longer! The time went entirely too fast! All the food was delish! And I am going to try that Pork Chop recipe soon. Sorry Phoenix was depressed after Ella left! He will have to come and visit Ella now!

Emily said...

I know. Silly Phoenix, he is now very happy with his new Wubba and hamburger. He was squeaking it profusely last night!