Monday, April 21, 2008

Being Sick Really Is NO Fun!

It looks as though I've been neglecting my blog for a good little while! I haven't been up to much. Mostly working and keeping up with the house.
I managed to pick up a nasty cold somewhere along the way. I woke up Friday morning all stuffed up. It's been forever since I've been sick. I attribute it to my body still being out of wack and my immune system still not fully recovered. I refuse to think it's because I wasn't careful about not touching my face or washing my hands. Germ X goes wherever I go.
Soooo, I've been stuffed up and hacking up a lung for the past 4 days. This better go away soon. I'm taking more vitamins and Airborne and Benadryl than any person should. I HATE being sick. It's not a whole lot of fun either when your husband acts as if you have the plague. Phoenix still loves on me.
Speaking of Phoenix he's been having fun lately. We're finally done with the whole coat blowing for this Spring. Thank goodness! He went on his first truck ride in the back a week or so ago. We wanted to take him to the park and because of his hair Richard didn't want him inside the front of the truck. So I yanked his crate out and set it up in the truck bed. I wasn't sure if he would climb in there and not completely freak out. I called him up and he jumped right up and climbed in his crate. He sat down and looked at me like "lets go already!" So we slowly drove down the street and he was loving it. Off we went to the park. He was enjoying himself immensely! He tilted his head back and took it all in! He made quite a spectacle of himself. One guy in a car next to us meowed at him. We had a good time in the park. Two little girls wanted him to play! They loved on him and played with him for a while. We saw a mommy duck with a bunch of little ducklings. I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera! Phoenix just wanted to chase the ducks. But I got him to sit still so they would come close and not quack at him.
Phoenix has also learned a new trick. We found a clothesline at a garage sale last week. I'd been wanting one and it was brand new in the package. It's long enough to stretch across the backyard so we tied it to the fence posts on either side. Anyway, Phoenix has a rope toy that he likes to play with. The clothesline is up almost 6 feet off the ground. I can walk underneath it so it gives you a good idea. I balanced his rope toy on the line and told him to get it. And he did! It's a good jump for him but circus dog managed. He enjoys this game now.
Anyhow, other than that nothing much has been going on. I've been staying low kep trying to get rid of this cold. Today we finally headed to get much needed groceries. I'm wiped and we still have things to do.
Well, I'm done for now. I hope everyone is doing well. I wouldn't know...no one's blogging! Haha, just kidding...I'm guilty as well. Have a good week.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hope your cold is finally better. Would love to see Phoenix performing his tricks!`He'll just have to get in that crate and come down to see G+G!
Yeah, why isn't anyone blogging? I still don't have blogspot figured out yet. I guess once Amanda comes home she can figure it out for me. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures. I really liked Yahoo and I miss it!