Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gracie Girls Birthday


Today would have been my precious Gracie's 3rd birthday. I know she's celebrating in Heaven, I just wish I could be there.
It's hard to believe it's been three years. They passed quickly and they didn't. It feels like a lifetime ago. It still hurts like yesterday.
In the words of Ben Folds...And life barrels on like a runaway train.

We had a quiet day. It's what I wanted.

My sweet husband had been asking what I wanted to do. We had originally planned to be out of town…Savannah or somewhere like that, but the date crept up on us and we hadn't made any plans.
Yesterday he asked me several times what I wanted to do today.

Stay in bed all day was my reply.

You can't do that he said.

And so I didn't.

We ate lunch at Bahama Breeze, and came home to find beautiful flowers on our doorstep.

Richard had ordered me a lovely bouquet of gerber daisies and roses, and my parents and sister sent a beautiful sunflower topiary arrangement.

We did the balloon thing, went for a walk, and had a quiet dinner at Longhorn.

Tomorrow is a new day.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! Grandma and Grandpa love and miss you so much!