Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Catching Up

Well, it appears that it's been a while since I've blogged. I'll try to update you on this and that going on in my corner of the world.
I serve in the baby room at church twice a month. Last Sunday was my first scheduled day for July. It's always interesting in there! We are outgrowing our room, we had 7 babies and it was tight. Thankfully we are getting ready to move soon. They are putting new carpet in our new room so as soon as that's done we'll have a lot more room! Yay!
Monday was kind of interesting I guess. Life always seems to be interesting when you have a Husky. I had cooked a whole lemon pepper chicken the night before. I put all the bones in the garbage, bagged it up and tossed it outside so it wouldn't stink up the house. It was late and I was tired so I just tossed it out the back door thinking I would take care of it in the morning. You know, I really should know better. Monday morning I was behind, had a couple minutes before I was supposed to start work and sent Phoenix outside and ran to start work. My first call was the most difficult person ever. I was sure he was just trying to be aggravating, but I had to deal with him. We can only hang up if they are cursing, insulting, obscene, things along that nature. He was just being difficult. I finally got off the call and ran to bring Phoenix in. As soon as I went to open the door I saw the trash all over the place. Grr!! Then here came Phoenix...his face COVERED in dirt! I knew he must have buried the chicken bones somewhere. I quickly wiped him off and brought him in. I had to go back to work, so I ran back in and finished my shift. Thankfully I hadn't scheduled more than a half hour.
Afterwards I marched Phoenix outside and gave him hydrogen peroxide. Note to all pet owners, this stuff is great! If your animal ever eats anything they shouldn't give them a teaspoon of HP per 10 pounds of body weight. It induces vomiting so they don't get sick. He did his thing and I started cleaning up the trash, only to notice a strange car pulled up in the grass by the side of the house. Naturally, I freak out not knowing what on earth was going on! I tried calling Richard and he wasn't answering. Great. Not to mention I was in my pajamas! I ran and changed and walked back out to see if anyone was in the car. Nope. Called Richard several more times to no avail. Meanwhile Phoenix did his thing , got everything out of his system and I started looking for his buried "treasure". Richard called me back and let me know it was his helpers car. Whew, everything is okay. He was actually done for the day and on his way back to take care of our yard. Once he got there he helped me look for Phoenix's buried treasure. He found several bones and I found the motherload. He had buried the whole main chicken bone up next to the house. He had buried that thing deep too! We dug everything up and got it thrown away properly!
It was funny because later that day when Phoenix was outside he went looking for it! Bad little boy.
So that's basically been our excitement for the week so far. I have babies again this evening. Hopefully all will go well. Last Wednesday was awful so I heard! They are usually hard as everyone is tired and cranky...the babies I mean! LOL!
Well, happy hump day to all. Hope you're all having a fabulous week.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor Phoenix...had his goodies taken away from him! I be he thought he had them hidden so you wouldn't find them either! And made him regurgitate too! Does the H2o2 work right away?

Emily said...

Within a few minutes.

Amanda said...

ahh poor phoenix. he thought that he had a great secret. Im glad ella doesnt dig!