Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sweet Memories

I have been missing Gracie today. It's funny how something will trigger certain memories. I was taken back to the night that I woke up from my c-section, and my sweet husband told me our baby girl was no longer with us. It still rips a hole in my heart. A year and a half later and I still find myself breathless at the immense pain. I really do not know how my husband did it. God has given me a very strong man. He didn't waver, he was by my side and stayed there.

So tonight, I will share with you sweet memories.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
Was reading all your blogs and they really touch my heart and soul.
Much Love,
Trina

Melissa said...

We were sitting behind a family with a little girl this past Sunday who looked similar to what I imagine that Gracie would have looked like....and seeing that little one took me back to the night that Gracie was born. I remembered our agonizing trip to Jacksonville not knowing if you and Gracie had survived the C-section. I remember the pain I felt in my heart and still feel also and cannot begin to fathom the pain that you and Richard felt and are still feeling! Love you!